The 2013 Bridal Buyer Awards programme will introduce 17 categories, which will provide suppliers and retailers with the opportunity to scoop one of the coveted titles at the big ceremony in March 2013.
The 2013 Awards
- Best Bridal Retailer North
- Best Bridal Retailer South
- Best Groomswear Retailer UK
- Best New Bridal Retailer
- Best Retail Website
- Best Bridal Manufacturer
- Best Groomswear
- Best Bridesmaid Collection
- Best Prom Collection
- Best Occasionwear Collection
- Best Bridal Headdress Designer
- Best Plus-Size Collection
- Best Shoe Collection
- Best Fabric Supplier
- British Bridal Designer of the Year
- Best Student Designer
- Wedding Dress of the Year
All entries are checked to ensure they meet the category criteria; they are then shortlisted by quality of entry. That’s an important point to remember – a scribbled sheet of paper shoved in an envelope will not impress anyone; it is the actual entries that count. Judges are supplied with a special pack, per award, which includes the shortlisted entries and details of the criteria. Each judge selects six finalists in each category, awarding them from one to six points. They are also required to give a reason for their number one choice in each case. The completed packs are returned to the Awards team where points are added together to arrive at the winner and five finalists per category. The judges work independently of each other and are not informed of the outcome of the judging until the night of the awards when the winners are announced.
The closing date is 28 November 2012. Entries received after that date cannot be included.
Entrants who have made it to the finalist stage will be informed by email by 7 January 2013.
The 2O13 judging panels
- A seven-member panel comprising suppliers, a member of the media and a trade association representative will judge the Best Bridal Retailer North, Best Bridal Retailer South, Best Groomswear Retailer UK and Best New Bridal Retailer categories. Secret shopper and spot checks may be included.
- A three-member team made up of web experts will judge the Best Retail Website category.
- A seven-member team of retailers, media and a trade association representative will judge the supplier awards.
For self-nominating categories, like last year, there will be:
- The British Bridal Designer of the Year will be the designer who has been selected by no less than 20 of his/her peers.
- The Best Student Designer is judged by sponsor Ian Stuart and Susi Rogol of Bridal Buyer.
- The Wedding Dress of the Year will be voted for online with consumers picking their favourite from the finalist gowns at the website of the National Wedding Show. Contenders for the award are pre-selected from the collections of the finalists in the 2012 Best Bridalwear Manufacturer award.
For other categories:
The Awards Night
The Bridal Buyer Awards, a long-established highlight of the bridal calendar, will take place in Harrogate at the Harrogate Exhibition Centre on Monday 11 March 2013, during BBEH.
The glittering blacktie dinner and awards ceremony will be attended by more than 600 guests representing all sectors of the bridal industry.
For ticket enquiries, contact Georgia Pick on +44 (0)1423 770120.