Advice for your Bridal Buyer Awards entry
Over the past 15 years, The Bridal Buyer Awards have highlighted some of the finest achievements in the industry, bringing the companies and individuals who have excelled into the spotlight. Winning one of these coveted awards is an enormous accolade, and our winners are some of the most highly-regarded names in the sector
This year we’ve overhauled the categories, criteria and entry process, and entries have opened earlier to give you more time to craft that winning entry; just make sure to press the submit button by no later than 5 May 2017.
The awards evening will take place on 11 September, during The Harrogate Bridal Show, at The Harrogate International Centre. The spectacular black-tie event attracts an audience of more than 600 guests for a glamorous evening of dinner, dancing and the all-important awards ceremony.
Entering this year? Here are some tips from a past and present judge …
- Make every word count and don’t waffle or give ‘standard responses’. Quality of words is what makes an impact, not the quantity.
- Make your entry stand out for the right reasons!
- List all your facts, information, what you do that you think is special and deserves recognition that you want to get in your application, and then decide which questions they are most applicable to… get them all in somewhere!
- DON’T repeat the same information in more than one answer - it is surprising how many applicants do that.
- Be truthful, speak from the heart, and make sure your passion and drive comes across on paper. Why does it mean so much to you to win this award? Let the judges feel and understand.
- If you’re no good with words find someone who is, and get them to help you put your message across.
- I’ll be looking to see if and how entrants react to the demands and pressures our industry presents them with and their vision for the future, to not only know their USP but the reasons/benefits of it and, most importantly, I want to ‘feel’ their passion and drive in their responses.
For even more advice and to find out who will be examining your entry, make sure you read the March/April issue of Bridal Buyer - out next week!
Visit the Bridal Buyer Awards website to enter now. Best of luck!
For ticket enquiries, contact email@example.com